Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tapes n' Tapes- Outside



Tapes n' Tapes has a really interesting sound, mixing polka beats with a hint of blues and a dash of rock. Among similar bands, Tapes n' Tapes stands out for their vocal talent. The lyrics seem authentically sincere, a nice change of pace compared to many Indie rock bands. The percussion on this album is versatile and well done. After a while the songs begin to drag leaving me with little to pique my interests. Although their sound is unique, their songs really lose steam after going on and on with little variation. I was surprised by how much I liked Outside, but I certainly wouldn’t say that I'm their number one fan. I hope to hear more from Tapes n' Tapes in the future when they work into a more refined sound and really begin focusing on complete, solid songs. That said, Outside is definitely worth a listen, even if only for the great percussion and strong vocals.




Final Review- 75



No comments:

Post a Comment