Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gang of Four - Content



Gang of Four has a unique, gritty, unfinished glam sound. The musicians are obviously talented, from the really fun bass lines to the great drum beats to an almost Iggy Pop-sounding lead vocal. The down side of Content is that it loses its punch immediately due to a weak opening track. It has a couple redeeming songs but altogether Gang of Four is sloppy and weak. I love the musicians but the songs themselves seem to be lacking real inspiration. This band has been around for a while and has been an inspiration to other groups like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana. I'm left with a curiosity about Gang of Four's back catalogue wondering what their earlier works must have been like to inspire such unique sounds in these later bands.




Final Review- 65



1 comment:

  1. I really like this track and some of the rest of them - but then I have had a soft spot in my heart for GOF even since "I Love A Man in a Uniform". That song made sense then and does to this day. (Plus they remastered it a few years ago so it thumps even more.) Long Live Gang of Four. ;-)

    ReplyDelete