Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Active Child- You Are All I See




From the beautiful harp work on the opening and album titled track “You Are All I See” the scene is set magnificently for Active Child’s debut album. Not only does Pat Grossi have the voice of a choir boy; he also has the power to sing strong and reach further than just a normal classically trained vocalist. You Are All I See is put together uniquely with classical instruments meeting dup step and almost an R & B style. At times it reminds me of James Blake’s debut album from earlier this year. Though the music is beautiful and has lyrics that people can relate to, I feel that because of how well polished everything is it also leaves a bit too much space between the artist and his audience, which at the end of the day makes this album just a borrow and not a must listen. I don’t see it as a disappointment I just look forward to when Grossi puts out something that has a bit more soul to it, which I feel like he definitely can. For a debut album this is good, but it could be done better.  




Final Review- 75


Best Songs- Hanging On, Playing House, Way Too Fast



No comments:

Post a Comment