Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Muppets- The Green Album



The Green Album is the first and probably only compilation album I will review but an artist lineup like this is too good to pass up. “Muppet Show Theme Song” being performed by OK Go was really enough to rope me into checking it out and I am incredibly happy I did. Not only does OK Go do a great rendition of the theme but all of the other artists really add their own signature sound to the tracks. A great moment was listening to The Fray do “Mahna Mahna” and hearing them step away from the slow and pretty piano music most people know them for. I was definitely a Muppet Show Tonight kind of kid. I remember watching it with my siblings and laughing really hard even at parts there was no way I could understand what the jokes were. The only down side to The Green Album is listening to some of the more popular bands do their mediocre makeover on some of the songs but even those are not completely horrible. I can’t justify giving the green Album a perfect score but as far as compilation or soundtracks go this is right at the top for me. And I know you will do what you will but I think everyone should give The Green Album a chance.




Final Review- 90


Best Songs- The Muppet Show Theme, The Rainbow Connection, Our World, Bein' Green



No comments:

Post a Comment