Monday, May 16, 2011

The Beastie Boys- Hot Sauce Committee Part Two




I have never been much of a fan of the Beastie Boys, but having this blog kind of gives me an opportunity to try and give bands that I may have written off in the past another chance. I was decently surprised with Hot Sauce Committee Part Two. Most of the songs are a good length and the beats are really reminiscent of hip hop from the mid ‘90s. The first track that really caught my attention was “Nonstop Disco Powerpack,” a track full of tight drum samples and fun lyrics. Also, a track near the end of the album, “Multiladateral Nuclear Disarmament,” is a pretty cool song filled only with samples and beats and no lyrics. From what I can gather about the Beastie Boys, this is a group that you don’t really look to for new and different albums, but a band that knows what kind of music they want to create and do it the way they want to. I do enjoy that you can tell that the Beastie Boys seem to still enjoy making music together and that they have fun with it. All in all, Hot Sauce Committee doesn’t really stand out but it’s still a fun listen and a few songs are real gems. At the end of the day I would say if you love beastie boys then there is no reason you wouldn’t love this new album; if you aren’t a big fan, then it’s a skip.




Final Review- 70



No comments:

Post a Comment