Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues




Helplessness Blues is one of those albums that makes me happy that I have this blog and started this project in the first place. Fleet Foxes have gained a lot of acclaim for their music and after listening to the almost perfect Helplessness Blues I can see why. The group has an amazing talent for making this album fun to listen to and also meaningful. I know the whole indie folk thing has been almost done to death but Fleet Foxes pump life into every track and nothing feels like it falls short or is lacking. The one thing that perhaps hurts Helplessness Blues is the same folk sound that makes it so amazing might also close it off to certain listeners. Now, that’s not saying that this is some bluegrass guitar picking album that only country bumpkins will like; I just don’t hear that pop thing that can make this album played on every radio station. That one criticism aside, I am madly in love with this album and couldn’t imagine it being much better than it already is. It takes a decent amount of talent to really impress me the way Fleet Foxes have. Helplessness Blues is brimming with confidence and soul and is a must listen.




Final Review- 100



No comments:

Post a Comment