Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Wilderness of Manitoba- When You Left The Fire




It was pretty difficult to dig up any information on The Wilderness of Manitoba but one thing I can say for sure is that they are good. When You Left the Fire is a smooth listen that is drenched in acoustic guitars, banjos, and reverbed vocal harmonies. At times the album does run a little long, and though the music is interesting enough, I think you have to be in the right mindset to really dig an album like When You Left the Fire. In a few ways The Wilderness of Manitoba kind of reminds me of Sufjan Stevens, especially with the intricate melodies and the lead vocalist defiantly shares some of Stevens’s style. I enjoyed this album and I think most people who have been getting into this new age of indie folk will share a lot of my positive feelings towards it. I wouldn’t say that When You Left the Fire is a must listen for most, but I would say if you get a chance and it’s on you would not be wasting your time giving it a listen.  




Final Review- 80



No comments:

Post a Comment