Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Cars- Move Like This




Move Like This is my first Cars album and I have to say I am kind of surprised I haven’t given them a chance before. Ric Ocasek, the lead singer of The Cars, has a similar tone to Lou Reed, which sounds good with their mix of electro pop and rock pop. Something about The Cars on Move Like This that makes me pretty happy is that they successfully found a way to evolve their ‘80s sound so it feels original and not done to death. Almost immediately after putting on Move Like This I found myself tapping my toes and humming along to the melodies so there are definitely some great hooks going on. It’s when Move Like This hits the fourth track from the end titled “Drag On Forever” that the album starts losing its steam. Up until then I was ready to give the album at least a 95, but with such a poor ending I had to knock it down a few pegs. All in all Move Like This is good and has some charming moments that make you want to keep listening, but like I said: it ends on a pretty weak note. Would I say it’s worth borrowing still? Definitely. Minus its flaws, Move Like This is still a fun listen.  




Final Review- 85



No comments:

Post a Comment