Monday, February 28, 2011

Adele- 21




When it comes to clever and unique lyrics, Adele’s 21 doesn’t really show you anything you haven’t seen before. What it does bring that most pop music lacks is believability. When you hear Adele’s voice it’s sincere. The closest comparison to how she sounds is a cleaner and more vocally controlled Amy Winehouse. The music is a combination of gospel, disco, and blues that makes you want to move and hum along. 21 is mixed really well, and every song leads you into the next with ease. The only thing that I was not a fan of on 21 was her remake of "Lovesong" off of The Cure’s 1989 release Disintegration. There is a definite future for Adele and I can’t wait to hear her really evolve as a song writer and performer.



Final Review- 90



1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of intrigued. I've been hearing a lot about this album lately. I might check it out per your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete