Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Dears- Degeneration Street



Degeneration Street is a jumbled album. You can tell The Dears are really trying to find their sound, but it is not always a pleasant trip to listen to. There are some fantastic alternative rock anthem sounds going on like “Omega Dog” and “Thrones." Murray Lightburn’s vocals really save the album in many ways. They add depth to the sometimes overproduced and fake-sounding guitar riffs, and his tone is impeccable. I know The Dears have a history of being great, but I just don’t feel this album is up to that caliber. There have been some major changes in the band members and I feel like that’s why this album is all over the place. Degeneration Street is ok, but I think I will definitely have to say it’s a pass. Hopefully their next album will sound a little more complete and not so spastic.


Final Review- 60



No comments:

Post a Comment