Wednesday, July 27, 2011

3 Doors Down- Time Of My Life




When I was doing my perusing for new releases in July and saw 3 Doors Down – I’m not going to lie - part of me wanted to skip it without even listening to samples, but I decided not to discriminate and give it a chance. The opening track, “Time Of My Life,” surprised me enough to warrant a full album review and listen. Unfortunately, it’s just the one song that really stands out and shows any sign of evolution for the band. I will say the vocals have gotten 100 times better. Instead of being so whiney the lead singer seems to have found his manhood and has some real depth. Most of the other tracks on Time Of My Life play in that horrible limbo of “is it pop? Or is it country?” and they just don’t have enough to really set them apart from the thousand other people doing it. If you want to hear 3 Doors Down at their best listen to that opening track and then just turn it off. I am going to have to say this is a definite skip.




Final Review- 40


Best Songs- Time Of My Life



No comments:

Post a Comment