Friday, July 15, 2011

Sublime With Rome- Yours Truly




Yours Truly is the first release from the group Sublime since 1996 and the overdose of the singer and guitarist Bradley Nowell. The group is back with the two surviving members, Eric Wilson and Bud Gaugh, and new front man Rome Remirez. There are still the same feel good reggae and ska punk that the original band is known for but with a little more pop. I do like that instead of trying to find someone who sounded exactly like Nowell the band went a different direction in choosing singer Rome. I think anyone who is a fan of sublime will find a lot that they really love about this new album and the different dynamic of Rome vs. Nowell. Sure, Rome is a little more poppy and less punk, but I think it may work to their benefit and maybe make the music a little more accessible to larger audiences. I still love classic Sublime but I think this is a good step for Sublime and I am looking forward to later releases.  




Final Review- 75


Best Songs- PCH, Lovers Rock, You Better Listen



No comments:

Post a Comment