Thursday, July 14, 2011

Washed Out- Within and Without




Within and Without is a pretty amazing album from start to finish. It opens strong with the catchy track “Eyes Be Closed” and then slowly eases the listener into musical bliss. This is the first album from Washed Out (Ernest Green) and it is very impressive to say the least. Green seems to truly understand how to make a mark and how to produce the perfect kind of chill music. One thing that is kind of off-putting for me is that at times the reverb on his voice can be a little too heavy for my taste. I can see where it is important for the chillwave sound he is going for, but I just really love Green’s voice. To say that Washed Out has hit the ground running is putting it lightly. I hope that this is just the beginning to Ernest Green’s musical career, because I can’t wait to see where he goes next. Missing out on Within and Without would be a real shame so I strongly suggest you go out and buy or borrow this album. You will be happy you did.




Final Review- 90


Best Songs- Far Away, Eyes be Closed, Amor Fati, You and I.



No comments:

Post a Comment