Thursday, July 28, 2011

They Might Be Giants- Join Us



I was raised on They Might Be Giants and loved them before I knew what half of the lyrics were and meant. From the beginning TMBG has been a band for nerds, geeks, and quirky people who like smart music that also is good. Sadly, for a long time now it seems most of the band’s recent releases have been kid songs and the band has lost a little bit of the charm they had on such album as Flood, Apollo 18, or even the more recent The Else. I think most classic fans of TMBG have been waiting for what Join Us is. I know I have. It’s back to a more PG, PG-13 audience and I don’t think I could be happier. From the opening anthem quality track, “Can’t Keep Johnny Down,” it cements its place with other classic TMBG albums. I feel like even newcomers to this group will be blown away by Join Us. Well, if they are smart enough. But seriously, give TMBG a chance; you will not be let down!




Final Review- 80


Best Songs- Can't Keep Johnny Down, Cloisonne, Never Knew Love, 2082



No comments:

Post a Comment