Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kurt Vile- Smoke Ring For My Halo



Smoke Ring For My Halo starts a little slow and kind of begins to unfold into a neat classic rock sound right around the fourth song “On Tour.” The guitar work is Bowie-esque but still original sounding. In an industry and genre of music where most bands sound the same Kurt Vile does a good job of standing out. A real problem with this album is quickly after Smoke Ring For My Halo becomes a interesting classic rock sound it turn into pop folk. Though both sounds are executed well the album feels jumbled and uncomfortable. After my initial listen to Smoke Ring For My Halo I had no desire to really listen to it again. I would like to see Kurt Vile really find the sound he wants and concentrate on an album full of that rather than make a taste-tester for what he can do.




Final Review- 80



No comments:

Post a Comment