Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Sounds- Something To Die For




Every week when I start listening to the music I am going to review I always hope for a group like The Sounds and lucky me I got it this week. Something to Die For is great from the minute you start it to the minute it ends. The Sounds mix new wave and post-punk revival pretty much flawlessly. Maja Ivarsson, the band's lead singer, is full of attitude and her personality really seems to saturate all of The Sounds' songs. The only comparison I can really think of when it comes to The Sounds' music is Blondie and the pop folk group Tegan and Sara. Even with that comparison I would say they stand out and are original. From the moment Something to Die For starts it makes you want to hum along and tap your foot to the beat. Needless to say I am a huge fan of this album, and it is a must listen for everyone.   




Final Review- 95



No comments:

Post a Comment