Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Boxer Rebellion- The Cold Still



I first heard of The Boxer Rebellion after watching the 2010 movie Going the Distance. They played an independent band in L.A looking for a record deal, which was pretty much what they were doing in real life. The Cold Still is the third self released album and has some pretty neat things going on. The album flows well and there are a handful of great little gems. Nathan Nicholson has a really great voice that is haunting without sounding like he really has to try to be. I don’t think The Cold Still is an earth shattering album but I certainly enjoyed listening to it. Is it my favorite album of 2011? No. In all honesty it wouldn’t even get in my top 20, but I think The Boxer Rebellion is a decent group worth a listen. 




Final Review- 75



No comments:

Post a Comment