Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wye Oak- Civillian



Wye Oak caught me off guard. I had heard some OK things about Wye Oak but didn’t really expect them to be as incredible as they are. Jenn Wasner’s vocals on Civilian are some of the best female rock vocals I can think of. Out of all the bands I have listened to they are the closest to ‘90s rock I have heard. Crunchy power chords and simple but good drum beats weave through the entire album. Civilian is so original beginning to end it was incredibly hard to not give it a 100. I had to really sit down and figure out what it was that was holding me back from giving Wye Oak the perfect score. Even though Civilian is one of the best albums to come out so far in 2011 there isn’t that one really stand out song. I am in love with this band and think that their only downfall might be a small lack of a good pop sense, but other than that Civilian is incredible and a must listen for 2011.




Final Review- 95

No comments:

Post a Comment