Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Alison Krauss and Union Station- Paper Airplane





As you can probably tell in older posts I was raised on really good bluegrass and folk rock, so I always have a place for it in my heart. Alison Krauss has always been one of my favorite bluegrass singers and Paper Airplane is right on par with her usual great work. I think it’s hard to describe what she sounds like just because I have never heard anyone sing the way she does. I have heard her vocally described as sounding angelic and a mezzo soprano. Alison Krauss also plays the fiddle and violin and is the primary songwriter for any of her projects including when she is playing with Union Station. Paper Airplanes is well written and every song fits snuggly. My main argument against this album is that on a usual Alison Krauss album there are one or two songs you could hear that could be on the radio, but on Paper Air Plane it is lacking that little pop that would make this album more appealing for a larger audience. That being said Paper Airplane is fantastic and if you love finger picking and blue grass this album is right there for you.




Final Review- 90



No comments:

Post a Comment