Saturday, April 30, 2011

Explosions In The Sky- Take Care, Take Care, Take Care




Take Care, Take Care, Take Care is the sixth release from the post rock group Explosions In The Sky. Though I would put them in the same group as Mogwai or even El Ten Eleven because of the lack of real vocals, they definitely have their own sound. I don’t know if you can tell, but a couple things that gets me fired up about a group are outstanding vocals and incredible drumming. While Take Care, Take Care, Take Care has no real vocals the thing that makes me adore this album is the overflowing talent from the group's drummer Chris Hrasky. He pretty much blew my mind this entire album, especially on the track “Trembling Hands” where his presence pulls you away from anything else that is happening. There is some really great guitar work ranging from simple little melodies on the closer “Let Me Back In” to the screeching guitar in the opening track “Last Known Surroundings.” I know a fair amount of people who are not as satisfied with instrumental groups as I am, who just can’t connect with music unless there are vocals, but Take Care, Take Care, Take Care is just too good to be ignored. It’s amazing how much feeling you can get from a song that really isn’t leading you into a feeling by way of vocals but instead by just musical instruments. Would I say this is a must for everyone? Maybe, but I know that for me it is an incredible album that has some of the best builds I have heard in a long time... You know what? Yeah, I think everyone should actually give this a shot. I think you will be surprised.




Final Review- 85



No comments:

Post a Comment