Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thao & Mirah- Thao & Mirah




A funny thing about me listening to this album was I did so right after I had listened to the tUnE-yArDs new album Who Kill. Why that’s humorous is because Merrill Garbus produced this album and is featured on the opening track “Eleven,” which sounds like a continuation of Who Kill. Other than that un-original sounding opening track Thao & Mirah definetly have their very own unique style.  Thao & Mirah is made up of Thao Nguyen and Mirah Yom Tov Zeitlyn, both females who have performed and worked on various solo projects. Together the duo has some amazing folk rock indie music. There are a handful of songs where you can hear the two just melt together so perfectly like on “How Dare You”. And I think it’s on tracks like this that they are the strongest. I would like to see them find more of a firm fit for both of their unique sounds but this self-titled album is on the right track. I look forward to any of their future team ups.




Final Review- 80



No comments:

Post a Comment