Friday, April 22, 2011

Vivian Girls- Share The Joy




I was really pumped up to hear this album from Vivian Girls, especially since I had just listened to Kick Ball Katy’s debut album under the name La Sera in February. Vivian Girls have a similar sound to The Ramones with a lo-fi indie twist. Share The Joy is an interesting album because unlike most punk songs there are a handful of tracks that stretch over six minutes long. In most cases that would turn me away, but somehow the Vivian Girls know how to make longer songs interesting and well composed. Share The Joy has a decent amount of depth to it and is really easy and fun to listen to. I think if you are a fan of the light almost dream pop punk then Vivian Girls Share The Joy is going to be a great album for you. I know I loved it and look forward to future work from these girls.  




Final Review- 90



No comments:

Post a Comment