Friday, August 19, 2011

The Horrors- Skying Out



The image that keeps creeping into my mind when I listen to The Horrors is the end of the 1985 film “The Breakfast Club” where Bender (Judd Nelson) fist pumps while Simple Minds “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” is playing. Skying Out just has that amazing heartfelt 80s love story feel to it which is probably one of my favorite things about it. I would say that Skying Out is fun and very creative. The only thing that I really see falling short is that some of the album is missing a certain cohesion that would really make it outstanding. I think this is a fantastic album and like I said earlier it is sure to bring back some of those feel good times of your youth when you were watching John Hughes movies and thinking that stuff like that could really happen to someone. All in all Skying Out is a must borrow.




Final Review- 85


Best Songs- Still Life, Wild Eyes, Endless Blue



1 comment:

  1. Spot on 80's vibe description. Sounds like a really sweet band! Keep the discovery sharing flowing!

    ReplyDelete