Friday, August 19, 2011

Widowspeak- Widowspeak



This is the debut album from the group Widowspeak and I would say it’s a great attempt. The group falls under the category of dream pop, but they definitely stand out in the sometimes overpopulated genre. I think what makes this group stand out from others is their understanding and use of pop. Most of the album is strong and there are some pretty superb songs on here that really stand out. Where Widowspeak loses a little steam are on some middle songs that all kind blend together, which can be a real problem in this genre. All in all I loved this album but I can see its shortcomings, and for them I am going to have to say this just misses out on my must borrow list. The perfect listening environment for this album would be driving at night on a dark road and letting this slowly burn the way it does.




Final Review- 80


Best Songs- Gun Shy, Limbs, Harsh Realm



No comments:

Post a Comment