Monday, August 1, 2011

Tim Robbins and The Rogues Gallery Band


 
When I decided to listen to the musical debut of the well known actor Tim Robbins I must admit I did not have high expectations. I remember when I heard the track “You’re My Dare” for the first time off of YouTube and the most amusing part of it was being able to put it on my Dad’s facebook page, since he has an eerie resemblance to the actor. I don’t think he was amused but it made me laugh pretty hard. I don’t think this album is really any good. I mean, the musicians of The Rogues Gallery Band are extremely talented and the album is mastered to showcase them but Tim Robbins himself is mediocre at best and really is singing the wrong type of music for his talky groany vocal style. The track “Time to Kill” has neat parts and I think out of all the tracks this one works the best with his vocals, but I still think Tim Robbins would be in better shape singing Lou Reed or Dylan covers and that’s stretching it. The twang just doesn’t suit him at all. This is a definite pass.


My Dad Cliff on the Left, Tim Robbins on the right... scary right??




Final Review- 30


Best Songs- You're My Dare



No comments:

Post a Comment