Monday, August 15, 2011

Scattered Trees- Sympathy




I am always impressed when an album title fits the overall feeling you get when you listen to it and Sympathy by Scattered Trees definitely exemplifies this. Without reading too much about the group you can already get the vibe from the opening track “Bury The Floor” that the lead singer is using this album as therapy. It’s truly beautiful how front man Nate Eiesland is yearning for closure and a knowing that those he loved who passed away are somewhere safe. On the track “I Swear to God” it really seems like he is convincing himself that his loved ones have to be in heaven because any other thought pains him. I think it’s interesting in the way that instead of being certain he is more pleading that they should be that way. If you couldn’t tell, Sympathy really stirred up a lot in me and I could relate to most of his feelings with grief and loss. All in all I think the album does a great job of making you be where the singer wants you to be emotionally the entire time. The overall flow is easy and nice with only a few hiccups here and there. I don’t think Sympathy is perfect by any means but I do think it has moments of brilliance and for that I think it’s a must borrow.  




Final Review- 85


Best Songs- A Conversation, Four Days Straight, I Swear To God



1 comment:

  1. GREAT TUNE. WILL GO LISSEN TO DA REST NOW.

    ReplyDelete