Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Dragon- Ritual Union




Ritual Union has all of the components of a good album and at times it reaches amazing heights. I love the soul that Yukimi Nagano’s vocals bring to the music. Her voice paired with the syth-pop and R&B is honestly one of neatest combos anyone could ask for. Now, I love what Ritual Union is but I just don’t think it’s enough. I feel like Little Dragon knows what they do well and instead of challenging themselves they just ended up doing an OK album. It would not have taken a lot more to make this album perfect. It is just missing that punch that would make it stand out. So, unfortunately, I am going to say that Little Dragon’s Ritual Union, while unique and at times well executed, is just a mediocre album in the end.




Final Review- 80


Best Songs- Ritual Union, Please Turn, When I Go Out




No comments:

Post a Comment